ALL EXHIBITORS WHEN PRESENTING ANIMALS FOR JUDGING SHOULD BE APPROPRIATELY ATTIRED IN THE TEXEL BREED UNIFORM.
1. Only sheep registered in the Flock Register of the Australian Texel Stud Breeders Association Inc. will be accepted for entry.
2. Sheep must be owned by the Exhibitor.
3. Sheep exhibits must be pure bred Texel.
4. There will be a maximum of three sheep per Class per Exhibitor.
5. Entries will be only accepted from Ovine Brucellosis Accredited Free Flocks.
- "In wool" classes to be open to sheep with wool over 2cms and not more than 6cms.
- "Shorn" classes to be 2cms of wool and under.
7. Inspection will commence at 9.30am on Friday 15th July.
8. Inspection will be for teeth, testicles, type and conformation as per the Breed Standard of Excellence, and wool length.
9. Judging will commence at 9.00am on Saturday 16th July.
10. Sheep will be scanned except for the ewe and lamb class.
11. Sheep may be transferred to the appropriate class by the Steward.
12. Championships - Entries for the championships must have won their single class first.
Each Texel exhibitor will receive from Lincoln University (NZ) one collector card, while first and second place-getters in each class will receive two cards, and one card respectively.
The above prize-winners will have the choice of any of the gene tests currently provided by Lincoln University (NZ), which include footrot, lamb survival, scrapie, T +muscling, dermatosparaxis, and microphthalmia gene tests.