CORRIEDALES BRED TO PERFORM
ALL EXHIBITORS WHEN PRESENTING ANIMALS FOR JUDGING SHOULD BE WEARING AN APPROVED BREED UNIFORM OR BE APPROPRIATELY ATTIRED TO PARADE SHEEP.
- Only sheep from a fully paid up flock registered with the Australian Corriedale Association Inc. or approved Overseas Corriedale Associations will be accepted for entry.
- Exhibitors may enter a maximum of 5 sheep in an open class, subject to a limit in aggregate entries of the total number of sheep that could be entered by the Exhibitor in any particular section on the basis of two sheep in each class.
- Shearing: "Woolly" classes - open to sheep shorn on or after 1st July in the year prior to the show. "Shorn" classes - all sheep to be machine shorn on or after 1st July of the year of the Show.
- Corriedale sheep in the "Milk Teeth only" classes must show a full mouth of milk teeth at time of inspection, otherwise they shall automatically be transferred to the appropriate "under 1 1/2 years old" class. The Exhibitor shall ensure that they have no more than 5 sheep in any class.
- All rams over 1 1/2 years old and under 2 1/2 years old are to be micron tested. If numbers are greater than 20, the class will be divided into two classes - fine wool and strong wool.
- All sheep must remain in a particular class after they have been passed by the Inspectors as being eligible for such class.
- It is recommended that exhibitors display on a white card over each pen information on fleece testing e.g. micron, yield and CV. Also, scan measurements of shorn sheep.
- All Corriedale rams and ewes under 1 1/2 years of age will be scanned for eye muscle, fat depth and also weight. These figures are to be available for the Judge. Lambplan rams must be scanned as well if they are to come out on to the floor for the championships. Scanning will commence at 7 am on the Friday morning. Please note that shorn rams over 1 1/2 years will NOT be scanned.
- All ewes under 1 1/2 years of age, and all rams under 2 1/2 years of age, to be micron tested for the show.